On the day following Boxing Day 1925 one of the shortest electric tram routes came into being.
The fact that the Wellington St, St Kilda line ran for almost 43 years, until its demise in November 1968, proves how popular it had become.
The Dandenong/St Kilda Rd tram routes were joined up and altered from Wellington St when the brand spankers Queens Way/ St Kilda junction over- and underpass was built.
Beginning at the St Kilda Rd (then known as High St) end of Wellington St, the tram pottered up the one and only street, stopping when it met Chapel St near the Astor Theatre.
That was it.